As the operator of its website, the Commercial Law Association of Australia Limited (CLA) needs to obtain and retain information about those who are using its website.
The CLA recognises the importance, however, of protecting that information.
We know you may be concerned about what we do with that information. You have our
assurance that we will not disclose the information, and will use reasonable endeavours
to prevent the disclosure of the information, except to the extent:
- indicated at the time of supply of the information to us;
- expressly permitted under any agreement with you;
- required for performance by us of services for you;
- required for the ordinary operation of our website or our business (eg, to send you
information about our services);
- required under compulsion of law or provided in co-operation with any governmental
- where it is already publicly available or is disclosed by the CLA in a manner that
does not readily permit identification of information relating to you.
Subject to the above overriding prohibition on disclosure, the CLA may use the information
as it sees fit for the purposes of its business.
When you visit it, information may be recorded for statistical purposes regarding
your server address, domain name, date and time of visit, previous site visited
and browser type.
The following disclaimers also apply:
- From time to time the CLA website may contain links to other websites. The CLA is
not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of those websites.
- Although the CLA has implemented substantial security measures in relation to the
information, as the website is linked to the internet and the internet is inherently
insecure, the CLA cannot provide any absolute assurance regarding security of the
information. The CLA will not be liable in any way in relation to any breach of
security or unintended loss or disclosure of information due to the website being
linked to the internet.
- The CLA accepts no responsibility for unauthorised use of any password or other
security mechanism provided to you, other than by the CLA's own staff.
be made on a prospective basis, ie all information received or retained before the
time of any amendment will remain subject to the policy applicable before the amendment.
(for the purposes of the Privacy Act 1988) and does not override any rights you
have under that Act.